Multimedia Control with iTach
Posted on by
Many of the new appliances can be controlled via HTTP commands from the home automation controller. But the vast majority of multimedia products still use good old IR remote controls - so the home automation system needs to be able to control these appliances using IR (Infra-Red).
This is actually very easy using the Global Cache iTach IR Adapters. These adapters allow your home automation controller to send commands to the iTach, and the iTach then sends the IR command to your appliance.
It's a very easy to use solution, once you understand how to make your controller talk to them.
So we've created a number of Application Guides and Knowledgebase articles explaining iTach and how to use them with the VERA and Fibaro Z-Wave controllers.
- APNT-65: iTach Basic Configuration and Learning
- APNT-66: Using iTach with Fibaro Home Center
- APNT-68: Using iTach with VERA Controllers
- KB-35: Difference between iTach Emitter and Blaster Cables
- KB-36: iTach API Information
The iTach devices are a great solution for any IR appliance, not just multimedia devices.
See you soon