Complete new house installation
I guess I must be about user #1.
The installation is easy and the whole thing works pretty much 'straight out of the box'.
If I've one criticism of the system it's that while 'pairing' is a doddle, 'un-pairing' is going to be a pain in the backside. The problem is that the only way for the DIN rail models to un-pair is to completely remove ALL its memory - not too clever, when you've already elaborately set up most of the four circuits. For the singles it'll be less of a problem, but will almost certainly require two people to set up, unless you're very agile and can get from the switch to the controller in less than 10 seconds !
In my case, I planned out the whole thing in advance by sticking post-it notes on the wall where I was going to put the switches, and noted which circuits would be activated by which buttons. I made a board that fitted inside by distribution cabinet and screwed DIN rails to it, on which I mounted the Edisio controllers. Having worked out which circuit was to be controlled by which channel (I had 28 channels in all - 8 relay and 20 dimmable), I then powered it all up on the kitchen table and duly set about programming all the switches as per the post-it notes. That done, I then fitted the whole panel inside the distribution box and completed the wiring. All that was left to do was screw or stick the switches to the walls. Because of my unusual house construction method (plasterboard over 18mm OSB3 on studwork), I didn't need to use any of the screws and wall plugs provided.
As I said above, I'm not sure that Edisio have necessarily thought it all through yet, and I'm not looking forward to having to change the existing 'wiring'. I think a simple software change could make things a lot easier if the pairing mechanism were 'toggled'. By that I mean if a pairing does not exist, the pairing mechanism, pairs it. If the pairing does exist then the same procedure un-pairs them.
Well, I've now got about 40% of the house sorted and will soon be extending the wiring to other areas, as the house continues towards completion.
Being a retired electrical / electronic systems engineer, this has all been quite easy to implement, and I'm sure that it could be easily done by most competent DIYers who understand electricity and wiring. The electrician I use was a bit leery about it all, and I suspect that's probably because like most electricians, he doesn't really understand electricity and is wary of anything unusual. In the event he was perfectly happy to sign off the installation, treating the DIN rail modules as 'complicated switches'.
All in all it's a good start and I hope to report further as the house approaches completion (we've occupied the first 50% of it and are finishing it off while we live there)