Indigo is an intelligent home automation software server to be used with an Apple Mac computer.
Indigo enables your Mac to control an assortment of hardware devices, including Z-Wave and LightwaveRF (see note), allowing you to control and automate your home in one easy to use environment. Using Indigo, you can control your home from anywhere in the world via your computer or smartphone.
Manage events, actions, and control interfaces
Indigo makes creating and managing your home automation simple. Add devices, create triggers and schedules, add actions, and create custom user interfaces with best-in-class tools with the typical Mac ease of use. Get help when and where you need it with contextual menus that link you to the online documentation.
You're in control from anywhere
Once you've created your automation system, much of it will just automatically work - that's the main point of an automation system. But with Indigo you can also control your home system from anywhere in the world from other Macs, PCs, tablets and smartphones. Indigo Touch, the native app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, allows seamless remote control of your home from virtually anywhere as does the built-in web server.
Indigo - Intelligent Home Automation
Indigo provides you with the tools to create, manage, automate, and control your home.
- Easily add motion detectors to automatically control lights and other devices,
- Automatically send emails based on events or triggers - like leaving your garage door open
- Automatically turn on lighting at sunset and off at sunrise or some other preset time or duration
- Create complex conditions using an easy and intuitive rule builder
- Create different lighting scenes for perfect multi-room lighting at the touch of a button
- Control your whole-house audio via iTunes or your home theatre system
- Save money and energy by automating your thermostat usage - change set points based on occupation
- Incredible flexibility for thousands of other uses - use your imagination!
Indigo Pro or Indigo Lite
Indigo is available in two versions: Indigo Lite and Indigo Pro.
Indigo Lite is intended for users that only control a few lights, etc., while Pro is for those who want more complete automation of their home, which might include 3rd Party Plugins to control other types of devices.
Take a look at the Indigo Comparison Guide to see which version is right for you.
If you decide to upgrade later, you simply buy a Pro upgrade code to unlock all the Pro features - no need to reinstall or reconfigure.
After downloading the Indigo Software and installing it on your Mac, you will need to also use a USB transceiver to enable Indigo to communicate with your home automation network.
Our recommendations are:
- Technology: Supports Z-Wave, LightwaveRF, X10
- Interface: Mac requires a suitable USB transceiver to communicate with various wireless technologies
- Hardware Requirements: Intel or G5 processor Mac + USB transceiver
- OS Requirements: Mac with OS X 10.5.8 or higher (Mountain Lion compatible)
- Delivery: After ordering you will receive an Activation Code this is used together with the Indigo software which is downloaded directly from the Indigo website.
Application Notes, Guides and Videos
4 months ago