Data Logging in VERA UI7
How can I log and view sensor or power usage data with VERA UI7?
One of the many benefits of the VERA Z-Wave Controllers is that it makes a myriad of data available.
Temperature, Humidity, Light Level and Energy Usage Metering are just some of the data-sets that VERA can provide.
Accessing the data from VERA is possible in a number of different ways.
- There are several "plugins" that can do this, for example DataYours, dataMine 2 or EventWatcher.
- VERA is also a fully compliant UPNP device with endpoints for all devices that can be monitored and queried.
- You could write your own plugin that monitors devices internally and then pushes the data to an external source. This is fairly trivial to do in LUA.
- Scheduled Scenes can be set to run every few minutes and push the data elsewhere using some simple LUA.
- It's possible to query VERA using simple HTTP calls such as: "http://veraipaddress:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=1234&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1&Variable=CurrentTemperature". This means that it's pretty easy to request data from external software applications (LUUP Requests).
- Power Consumption data is available under the Energy menu
- Device’s events such as motion detection can be seen on the Logs
The above tips should give you some ideas on how to access the data available from VERA .
Copyright Vesternet 2016