Data Logging with the MiCasaVerde Vera
One of the many benefits of the Vera Z-Wave Controllers is that it makes a myriad of data available. Temperature, Humidity, Light Level and Energy Usage Metering are just some of the data-sets that Vera can provide.
Accessing the data from Vera is possible in a number of different ways.
- There are several "plugins" that can do this, for example Datamine or EventWatcher.
- Vera is also a fully compliant UPNP device with endpoints for all devices that can be monitored and queried.
- You could write your own plugin that monitors devices internally and then pushes the data to an external source. This is fairly trivial to do in LUA.
- Scheduled Scenes can be set to run every few minutes and push the data elsewhere using some simple LUA.
- It's also possible to query Vera using simple http calls such as: "http://veraipaddress:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=1234&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1&Variable=CurrentTemperature". This means that it's pretty easy to request data from external software applications (LUUP Requests).
The above tips should give you some ideas on how to access the data available from Vera!
For more information in this area, the best place to go is the MiCasaVerde forum.