Internal GSM/GPRS Module for PowerMaster and PowerMax Systems
GSM-350 PG2 is a cellular communication module that connects PowerMax and PowerMaster intrusion alarm system to the alarm central station. The module can report via GPRS data channel and/or through the GSM network. This enables a high-speed and highly reliable communication channel in the event of line failure or tampering with the standard telephone lines.
In addition, GSM-350 PG2 supports remote operation and event reporting via SMS. For properties without land-based telephone lines, the GSM-350 PG2 is essential. It extends the control panel functionality to any site, such as homes with VoIP-based telephony, anchored boats and isolated vacation houses. The module is internal and fits in thePowerMax and PowerMaster systems, so no additional external elements are needed. The integrity of the backup communication channel is ensured through continuous monitoring.
GSM-350 PG2 Module Features:
- Supports three data channels: GPRS, GSM and SMS – for high-speed and highly reliable reporting
- Can be configured as a backup or primary reporting method
- Full event reporting
- Recommended for every home as a backup communication line in case of line failure or system sabotage
- Supports remote programming of the security system via the PowerManage™ Platform or via dial-up over the GSM data channel
- Continuous monitoring of channel integrity and "signal loss" detection
- Supports SIA/IP, SIA and Contact ID monitoring protocols
- Supports two-way voice communication
- Supports QUAD band frequencies for worldwide coverage
- Optional external antenna to enhance the GSM signal reception
PowerMaster Family – With PowerG Technology
PowerG is Visonic's patent-pending, revolutionary wireless technology for burglar alarm systems. It literally redefines the reliability of wireless intrusion alarms. And, it fully answers the most demanding needs and requirements facing the security industry today, as well as the challenges of tomorrow. PowerG combines several field-proven, advanced wireless technologies, like those used in cellular networks and Bluetooth, with the highly reliable AES encryption method. The greatest innovation in PowerG is having these technologies operate on non-rechargeable batteries while still keeping all devices connected and online.
Visonic’s cutting-edge line of professional wireless intrusion alarm systems - the PowerMaster family is powered by PowerG wireless technology that offers the perfect solution for residential, small business and light commercial premises.
- Modem: GE864 QUAD V2 manufactured by TELIT
- Communication: Data, Voice, SMS
- Supply voltage: 3.4 – 4.2 VDC (3.8 VDC recommended)
- Bands: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- Transmission power: Low bands – Class 4; High bands – Class 1
- Sensitivity: Low bands - 107 dBm (typical); High bands - 106 dBm (typical)
- Control: AT commands (07.05, 07.07 and TELIT enhancement)
- Ports: 2 UART ports; Balanced analog audio port
- CODEC types: FR, HR, EFR, AMR
- GPRS: Class 10
- External SIM card: 3V/1.8V
- Minimum current consumption in idle mode: 24 mA
- Maximum current consumption in GPRS class 10 mode: 440 mA
- Dimensions: 50x59x20.6 mm (1.97x2.32x0.81 inch)
- Compliance GSM Standards - European CE Standards: EN301489-3,7, EN60950, EN50136-1 and -2 GSM Standards (Europe): Complies with CE standards 3GPP TS 51.010-1, EN301 511, EN301489-7
Application Notes, Guides and Videos