PowerG Wireless Smoke and Heat Detector
SMD-427 PG2 is a fully supervised wireless heat and photoelectric smoke detector that is compatible with PowerMaster residential alarm systems. With a streamlined design that fits any residential or commercial application, SMD-427 PG2 has a significantly longer battery life of up to eight years, enabling easy and low-cost maintenance.
By sensing rapid temperature changes in areas where they may occur SMD-427 PG2 activates an alarm when the temperature reaches 60°C (140°F) and start increasing rapidly. The detector also achieves superior smoke detection sensitivity levels by providing early warning of a developing fire. When smoke is detected, SMD-427 PG2 provides early warning of developing fire by sounding an alarm with its built-in alarm horn, and by transmitting a coded alarm signal to a PowerG receiver or to a compatible wireless alarm control panel.
To ensure highly reliable communication, SMD-427 PG2 uses Visonic's ground-breaking PowerG technology which combines several field-proven advanced technologies and the highly reliable AES encryption method. This combination of technologies delivers unmatched advantages for professional installers, central monitoring stations and end-users alike.
SMD-427 PG2 Features:
- Modern design suitable for residential and commercial applications
- Activates an alarm when the temperature reaches 60°C (140°F) and starts increasing rapidly
- Loud (85db) alarm sound at 3m (10ft)
- Longer battery life of up to 5-8 years (according to the battery type) and easy battery replacement
- 3V lithium battery type
- Internal sensitivity test button
- Audio and visual sensitivity degradation indicators notify when the sensor needs to be cleaned
- Simple wall or ceiling installation, with bracket
- Back tamper
- Fully certified by the most strict and demanding international standards for safety products in Europe (EN14604 for smoke detectors)
- For use with PowerMaster® systems
PowerMaster Family – With PowerG Technology
PowerG is Visonic's patent-pending, revolutionary wireless technology for burglar alarm systems. It literally redefines the reliability of wireless intrusion alarms. And, it fully answers the most demanding needs and requirements facing the security industry today, as well as the challenges of tomorrow. PowerG combines several field-proven, advanced wireless technologies, like those used in cellular networks and Bluetooth, with the highly reliable AES encryption method. The greatest innovation in PowerG is having these technologies operate on non-rechargeable batteries while still keeping all devices connected and online.
Visonic’s cutting-edge line of professional wireless intrusion alarm systems - the PowerMaster family is powered by PowerG wireless technology that offers the perfect solution for residential, small business and light commercial premises.
- Frequency Band (MHz): 433-434, 868-869
- Communication Protocol: PowerG
- Alarm Sound Level: 85 dB at 3 m (10 feet)
- Tamper Alerts: Tamper event (removal of the unit from its bracket) is reported once. Tamper restore is reported when the tamper switch is restored
- Alarm Report: In the alarm condition, the detector sends the alarm event to the control panel. When the alarm condition is restored, the detector sends an alarm restore event to the control panel and sets the alarm restore indication (red LED blinks once per sec.)
- Power Source: 3 Volt CR123A / CR17450 lithium. CR17450 not tested by UL
- Operation Voltage: From 2.5 V to 3 V
- Current Drain: 22 μA standby, 200 mA max. in operation
- Smoke Density Europe: 0.09 – 0.14 dB/m
- Cover Range: 50 – 100 cubic meters (1770 – 3530 cubic ft.)
- Battery Supervision: Automatic transmission of battery status data as part of any transmitted message.
- Battery Life Expectancy: Battery life exceeds the minimum required by UL 268. Visonic warrantees a 5-year battery life.
- Low Battery Threshold: 2.5 V
- Audible and Visual Low Battery Warning: Built-in horn beeps every 30 seconds simultaneously with red LED flashing (for up to 30 days when the battery voltage drops).
- Audible and Visual Degraded Chamber Sensitivity Warning: Built-in horn beeps every 30 seconds in the middle of red LED flashing intervals – indicates that the detector must be replaced.
- Clean Warning Transmission: A clean (maintenance) signal is transmitted when the detector's chamber becomes stained, causing the detector to operate at high sensitivity.
- Heat Sensor Alarm Threshold: 60°C (±3°) / 140°F (±5°)
- Operating Temperatures: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F) indoor
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 85%
- Dimensions: 120 mm (4.7") x 63 mm (2.5")
- Weight (with battery): 165 g (5.8 oz)
Application Notes, Guides and Videos