Frequently bought together
The Fibaro Home Center 2 is a complete home automation gateway. It communicates with sensors and devices located throughout your home using Z-Wave wireless communications. It also supports external communication using an existing broadband connection (DSL or Cable).
It offers an array of advanced features, but like all Fibaro products, it is easy to install and use.
The Home Center 2 allows you to easily manage your home automation network, whether you are at home, in the office or using a mobile phone.
Elegant and Modern
The Home Centre 2 is expertly designed - in and out.
Its sleek aluminium case ensures that HC2 won’t look out of place no matter where you install it.
Fast top-of-the-range hardware
Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor
The Home Center 2 is the fastest home gateway in the world. The Intel Atom processor is fast and low-power, which means the Home Center 2 delivers high-speed performance while being extremely power efficient.
1GB RAM, 2GB SLC Hard Drive
The combination of large memory and super fast processor mean that the Home Center 2 has blistering communication speeds with all devices on the network.
4GB MLC Back-Up Disc
All HC2 systems are back-up to the large capacity USB Flash drive. This completely protects each system from unauthorised access. This solution also means that if there is a system failure, it can be quickly 'recovered' to its last known 'good' state.
In order to install HC2, all you need to do is connect the power cord and Ethernet cable as shown here, It is really that simple.
Once setup is complete, you can access your new Home Center 2 through your home Wi-Fi network.
If there is an issue, troubleshoot by holding the reset button for a few seconds and access the HC2 control panel with the IP address 192.168.81.1
Linked devices offer new possibilities
Linking your devices together with Home Center 2 allows you to control multiple devices at once, making it easier to organise your scenes and keep the control panel clutter-free.
When enabled, geolocation allows you to track your family’s movements by GPS. It just takes a few minutes to sync Home Center 2 with your iOS or Android smartphone.
The Home Center's advanced features give you control of your entire home network and enable you to create 'scenarios' when particular things happen. For instance, when it rains, you can set the system to close all your windows and switch off any garden sprinklers.
- Wireless: Z-Wave 868.42MHz
- Antenna: External High Gain
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000Base-T (Gigabit) Ethernet via RJ45 connector
- Processor: Intel Atom (1.6GHz)
- Memory: 1GB SDRAM + 2GB SLD Hard Drive
- WLAN: Connects to Wi-Fi Router via Ethernet cable
- Expansion: USB for Recovery Disc (mini USB Drive)
- Power: 9-12VDC (Power Supply included)
- LEDS: Power, Status, Ethernet, WLAN and Z-Wave
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 225 x 185 x 44mm
How to choose HC Lite or HC2
Application Notes, Guides and Videos
- Adding Devices in Fibaro Home Center 2
- Motion Activated Light Using Fibaro Home Center 2
- Sunset-Sunrise Lighting with Fibaro Home Center 2
- Extending Fibaro Home Center 2 Sunrise/Sunset capabilities
- Creating a Heating control system with Fibaro Home Center 2
- Controlling Appliances based on Standby with Fibaro Home Center
- Changing Fibaro Home Center Icons
I also use the fibaro switch modules with this and they make a great package. Recommended!
Many of the motion sensors are battery operated, but many of them are not weatherproof. I like the Fibaro motion sensor. It also report light conditions, temperature and tampering/earthquakes(!). I have one on the back of my house under the roof. It controls when indoor lights turn on. And it turns on garden lights if somone moves in that area after dark. And I also get a temperature metering.