Home gateway to communicate with an entire home Z-Wave network and external servers.
- Remote access via web page or mobile phone
- Simple, friendly user interface with easy configuration
- Broadband (DSL and Cable) and Ethernet connections
- Geo localization and SMS notification
- High-speed operation with Ultra low-energy consumption
- Advanced backup and recovery system
- Includes a European (Schuko) power supply - UK customers can select a FREE Schuko to UK adapter
The Fibaro Home Center 2 is a complete home automation gateway. It communicates with sensors and devices located throughout your home using wired or Z-Wave wireless communications. It also supports external communication using an existing broadband connection (DSL or Cable).
It offers an array of advanced features, but like all Fibaro products, it is easy to install and use.
The Home Center 2 allows you to easily manage your home automation network, whether you are at home, in the office or using a mobile phone.
Elegant and Modern
The Home Centre 2 is expertly designed - in and out.
Its modern, elegant looks, thanks to its sleek aluminium case, mean that it won't be out of place, no matter where you install it.
Quick top-of-the-range hardware
Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor
The Home Center 2 is the fastest home gateway in the world. The Intel Atom processor is fast and low-power, which means the Home Center 2 delivers high-speed performance while being extremely power efficient.
1GB RAM, 2GB SLC Hard Drive
The combination of large memory and super fast processor mean that the Home Center 2 has blistering communication speeds with all devices on the network.
4GB MLC Recovery Disc
Significantly improved user safety thanks to a new approach to data protection. Each Home Center 2 has its’ own Recovery disc, holding system backup, unique to each gateway. This completely protects each system from unauthorized access. This solution also means that if there is a system failure, it can be quickly 'recovered' to its last known 'good' state.
In order to install all you need to do is connect the wires as shown here:
Then just plug the power cord in and the network cable into the LAN port.
Then, two minutes later you are ready to go. It is really that simple.
Once setup is complete, you can access your Home Center 2 through your network.
However, if there is an issue, hold the recovery button for a short time and access the Home Centre 2 control panel through 192.168.81.1.
Linked devices offer new possibilities
Linked devices allow you to combine your devices to one central point (the control panel). This allows you to control several devices at once, and minimises the space required on the control panel.
Geo localisation gives you the chance to track your family's movements by GPS for safety. All you need to do is sync the phone and the device which takes just a couple of minutes.
The Home Center's advanced features give you control of your entire home network and enable you to create 'scenarios' when particular things happen. For instance, when it rains, you can set the system to close all your windows and switch off any garden sprinklers.
Example scene "Rain"
How to choose between HC2 and HC Lite
- Wireless: Z-Wave 868.42MHz
- Antenna: External High Gain
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000Base-T (Gigabit) Ethernet via RJ45 connector
- Processor: Intel Atom (1.6GHz)
- Memory: 1GB SDRAM + 2GB SLD Hard Drive
- WLAN: Connects to Wi-Fi Router via Ethernet cable
- Expansion: USB for Recovery Disc (mini USB Drive)
- Power: 9-12VDC (Power Supply included)
- LEDS: Power, Status, Ethernet, WLAN and Z-Wave
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 225 x 185 x 44mm
How to choose HC Lite or HC2
Application Notes, Guides and Videos
- Adding Devices in Fibaro Home Center 2
- Motion Activated Light Using Fibaro Home Center 2
- Sunset-Sunrise Lighting with Fibaro Home Center 2
- Extending Fibaro Home Center 2 Sunrise/Sunset capabilities
- Creating a Heating control system with Fibaro Home Center 2
- Controlling Appliances based on Standby with Fibaro Home Center
- Changing Fibaro Home Center Icons