The heart of your Smart Home
Turn your home into a smart home with a SmartThings Hub. Connect wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and make them work together.
The SmartThings Hub is simple to install and easy to use with the free SmartThings app.
With a SmartThings Hub you can connect smart sensors, lights, locks, cameras, and more to:
- Monitor your home from anywhere
- Control your home from the palm of your hand
- Secure your home and protect it from damage and danger
- Add any of the hundreds of compatible smart devices to enhance your home
The Samsung SmartThings Hub connects all your smart devices with one another, the SmartThings cloud, and the SmartThings mobile app. One of the exciting new features of the SmartThings app experience is Smart Home Monitor - an integrated home monitoring solution. Smart Home Monitor allows you to receive alerts and take action when SmartThings detects unwanted entry or motion, smoke or fire, leaks, or other important activity.
This next generation of the Hub (Hub v3) is also smarter than ever, offering greater convenience and reliability for the user.
The Hub requires wired Ethernet and power connections. Plugging the Hub into your Ethernet router and a wall outlet should be one of the first steps of your SmartThings experience. The Ethernet connection lets the Hub communicate with the SmartThings app, the SmartThings cloud, and supported devices that rely on IP or cloud-to-cloud connections instead of ZigBee or Z-Wave.
The Hub contains a ZigBee radio (2.4 GHz), Z-Wave radio (868 MHz) and WiFi. These allow the Hub to communicate with your ZigBee, Z-Wave and WiFi devices.
Plays well with others
Alongside our own family of wireless SmartThings sensors, you can also control hundreds of connected devices from other brands through the SmartThings Hub and app – all easily viewable through our app’s ever-expanding list of compatible products.
In the Box:
- SmartThings Hub.
- Ethernet cable and power supply.
- Quick-start guide and health and safety guide.
- Requires an internet-connected Wi-Fi router with an available Ethernet port, plus the free SmartThings app for Android (6.0 or later) or iOS (11.0 or later).