Today, we're diving deep into a detailed comparison of two prominent products from Fibaro: Yubii Home and Home Center 3. It's essential to understand the nuances of each product to make an informed decision. Whether you're just starting your smart home journey or looking to upgrade, this guide aims to provide clarity on which device best suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- Key Differences
- What is Home Center 3?
- Features of Home Center 3
- What is Yubii Home?
- Features of Yubii Home
- Pros and Cons of Home Center 3
- Pros and Cons of Yubii Home
- Home Center 3 Lite: The Third Option
At a glance, here are some of the primary distinctions between the two:
- Model Numbers: Home Center 3 carries the model number HC3-001, while Yubii Home is labeled YH-001.
- Device Support: Home Center 3 can manage up to 230 Z-Wave devices, whereas Yubii Home is optimized for up to 40 devices.
- Communication Technologies: Home Center 3 boasts a wider range of communication protocols, including Z-Wave 500 and NICE 433MHz. In contrast, Yubii Home primarily uses Z-Wave 700 and NICE 433MHz.
- Physical Dimensions: Home Center 3 is slightly larger, measuring 220x140x35 mm, while Yubii Home has dimensions of 178x110x31 mm.
- Power Supply: Home Center 3 requires a 12V DC power supply, while Yubii Home operates on 5V DC.
What is Home Center 3?
Home Center 3, model number HC3-001, is Fibaro's flagship smart home hub. Designed for those who seek a comprehensive smart home experience, it boasts a robust Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 1,2GHz processor and 2GB RAM. This powerhouse can support up to 230 Z-Wave devices and offers a variety of communication protocols, including Z-Wave 500 and NICE 433MHz. Its larger dimensions (220x140x35 mm) house a 12V DC power supply, ensuring consistent performance. With its extensive features, Home Center 3 is ideal for those looking to have an expansive smart home setup.
Features of Home Center 3
- Supports up to 230 Z-Wave devices
- Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 1,2GHz Processor
- 2GB RAM and 8GB eMMC Flash Memory
- Variety of communication protocols, including Z-Wave 500 and NICE 433MHz
- 12V DC power supply
- Dimensions: 220x140x35 mm
What is Yubii Home?
Yubii Home, model number YH-001, is Fibaro's solution for those who desire a more streamlined smart home experience. It's particularly suitable for smaller homes and apartments, supporting up to 40 Z-Wave devices. While it may not have the extensive communication protocols of the Home Center 3, it still offers Z-Wave 700 and NICE 433MHz. Its compact size (178x110x31 mm) and 5V DC power supply make it a convenient choice for those starting their smart home journey or those with smaller setups.
Features of Yubii Home
- Supports up to 40 Z-Wave devices
- Single-Core ARM Cortex A7 900 MHz Processor
- 512MB RAM and 4GB eMMC Flash Memory
- Communication protocols: Z-Wave 700 and NICE 433MHz
- 5V DC power supply
- Dimensions: 178x110x31 mm
Pros and Cons of Home Center 3
- High device support
- Powerful processor and ample memory
- Versatile communication protocols
- Might be overkill for smaller setups
- Higher price point
Pros and Cons of Yubii Home
- Ideal for smaller homes and apartments
- Compact and easy to set up
- More affordable
- Limited device support
- Less powerful processor and lower memory
So, which one should you go for? If you're looking for a robust, feature-rich system that can handle a large number of devices, Home Center 3 is your go-to. On the other hand, if you're just starting out or have a smaller setup, Yubii Home is a great entry point. Remember, the best choice varies based on your individual needs, budget, and the size of your home. But if you ask us, Home Center 3 offers a bit more versatility, especially if you're planning to expand your smart home in the future.
Home Center 3 Lite: The Third Option
While our main focus is on Yubii Home and Home Center 3, it's worth mentioning the Home Center 3 Lite as a viable alternative. Essentially, the Home Center 3 Lite mirrors the capabilities of the Yubii Home but lacks the NICE support. If you're primarily interested in Z-Wave functionality and can do without NICE, the Home Center 3 Lite might be the perfect fit for you. Plus, with a price point that's £10 cheaper than the Yubii Home, it offers a cost-effective solution for those who want a streamlined smart home experience without breaking the bank.