This guide will show how to use the Sensative Strips in VERA UI7.
Currently Vera UI7 (v1.7.730/v1.7.1598) doesn’t support Sensative Strips out-of-the-box so after Inclusion you will just see a Generic Device on the UI which doesn't show the sensor changing state.
Update Device Parameters
- Click the device's “arrow” icon and go to the “Device Options” tab
- Set Parameter 1 and 2 as follows
- Click the “Save Changes” button to ensure you save your settings
- Click Back and then click “Advanced” followed by “Commands”
- Click “Configure Node Right Now”
Being a Battery operated device you’ll need to wake up the device to accept the new Parameters:
- Place the round magnet at the rounded edge
- When the LED blinks, move the magnet away
- Repeat 3 times in total within 10 seconds
Change VERA UI Device Icon
With the Parameters set we can now move on to change how the device is shown in VERA’s UI.
- Click the device's “arrow” icon and go to the “Advanced” tab
- Change both device_file and device_json to D_DoorSensor1.xml and D_DoorSensor1.json respectively
- Go back to the Dashboard and click “Settings”
- Under “Z-Wave Settings” click on “Reload Engine”
- Allow a few minutes for VERA to reload
- Do a hard refresh in the browser (CTRL + F5)
The VERA UI should now show a more appropriate icon for the device and moving the magnet away from the Sensative Strip should update the status correctly!
The Sensative Strip can then be used as a Scene Trigger as shown below: