This guide shows how to quickly get a list of all devices and node IDs in VERA.
Sometimes you need a quick overview of each device and its Device ID, especially if you're working on a scene and you can't recall the device number.
There is no dedicated feature in VERA that enables you to do this, but there is a quick and simple way to get a list of all the devices.
It involves a very short piece of LUA code - but don't worry, all the information is here.
Full Device ID List
- In the VERA UI go to the APPS tab
- Click the Develop Apps tab
- Then click 'Test LUUP code (LUA)' in the left-hand menu
- Copy the LUA code (below) and paste it into the Code window
- Click the blue 'GO' button to make the code run
- View your device list at - http://"your Vera IP address"/devlist.txt
local file = io.open("/www/devlist.txt", "w")
file:write("[DeviceNo / id] device names on " .. os.date() .. "\n")
for deviceNo,d in pairs(luup.devices) do
if d.id ~= "" then
file:write(string.format('[%03d / %s] %s \n', deviceNo, d.id, d.description))
You will see a list in your browser that looks like this screenshot:
Complete list of Device IDs in VERA
This application note is based on information from the MicasaVerde VERA Forum.
Copyright Vesternet 2013