The Fibaro Universal Door & Window Sensor is behaving strangely or can't be included / excluded from the Z-Wave network.
This particular device can be quite tricky to install and configure. Re-setting it beforehand can help.
Re-set the device using the following steps:
- Take off the sensor's cover and remove battery.
- Position the magnet next to the reed switch (align the markings on the sensor body).
- Push down hard on the tamper switch, so that BOTH the rear and the front tamper switches are closed.
- Insert the battery, make sure the tamper switches are still held in. The LED should not do anything at this stage.
- Move the magnet well away from the sensor body.
- Remove the battery.
- Insert the battery.
- Reset will be confirmed by double LED blink. The LED will stay off.
The above steps are a clearer version of those listed in the device manual
Once the above process has been completed, it should be easier to include or exclude the device!
APNT-38 - Adding the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor shows how the device should be added to the Z-Wave network