Accessing the temperature on the Fibaro Smoke Sensor in VERA
The temperature reading is only available as an additional "variable" on the main Smoke Sensor device, which means that by default it can't be accessed.
Vesternet has pulled together modified device files for the Fibaro Smoke Sensor so that:
- The temperature data is shown on the device icon in the VERA UI.
- You can use the temperature data in notifications.
- Triggers can be set using the temperature data.
Changing the device files is simple:
- Download the files:
- In the VERA UI, click on SETUP -> Apps -> Develop Apps.
- Use the "Luup files" section to select the two files that we have provided - "D_FibaroSmokeSensor1.xml" and "D_FibaroSmokeSensor1.json". Check the "Restart Luup after upload" box and click "Go".
- Once VERA has restarted, open the Fibaro Smoke Sensor settings and find the "device_file" field on the "Advanced" tab.
- Change the "device_file" to "D_FibaroSmokeSensor1.xml" and save the changes.
- After VERA has restarted, use "Ctrl-F5 or Cmd+R" to force a hard refresh of the VERA UI in your web browser.
- Your Fibaro Smoke Sensor should now look like the image below!
- KB-10 - MiCasaVerde Vera and Fibaro Smoke Sensor compatibility issue
- KB-27 - Z-Wave Associations and Scenes
- APNT-34: Creating VERA Scenes
- APNT-35: Controlling VERA Scenes with a Trigger
- APNT-36: Controlling VERA Scenes with a Schedule