This guide shows how to add LightwaveRF devices to a VERA controller running UI7 firmware that has a RFXtrx433 USB module installed.
Extending VERA's capabilities to be able to control devices based on 433MHz frequency bands makes great sense. Simply adding the RFXtrx433 USB transceiver you can use VERA's advanced features, scenes and scripting capabilities to control LightwaveRF devices.
If you've not installed the RFXtrx433 USB, take a look at our guide Configuring VERA to work with RFXtrx433 transceiver.
Adding LightwaveRF Devices Automatically
The RFXtrx433 will automatically add LightwaveRF devices to VERA as they are activated by a LightwaveRF remote controller or report Status change.
- Check that AutoCreate is active (set to ON)
- In the Dashboard go to Devices and select the RFXtrx controller device settings by clicking its arrow icon
- Click Managed Devices
- Pair your LightwaveRF remote controller with the LightwaveRF device (Dimmer or On/Off Socket)
- Activate the LightwaveRF device using the LightwaveRF remote - turn the device On
- Both the device and your remote will appear in the VERA Devices screen
- You can now rename the device if you want to.
- Note - this works well for adding On/Off devices but using the Manual process is sometimes easier when adding dimmers.
Adding LightwaveRF Devices Manually
If you don't have a LightwaveRF remote control you can manually add devices to VERA. This process is also useful if you don't want devices to be automatically added to VERA.
To manually add devices to VERA UI7, follow a two step process:
- Create a new LightwaveRF device using the RFX Controller
- Pair this device with the actual LightwaveRF device
Create a New Device
- In VERA, click on the RFX Controller's arrow icon
- Go to the New Device tab
- Select LightwaveRF - Siemens from the Category drop-down
- Select the correct type of device from the Device Type drop-down - Switch Light, Dimmer, Motion Sensor, Door Sensor, Window Covering
- Give the new device a name
Choose an ID and Unit Code for the LightwaveRF device being added
- You can choose these values yourself - just make sure you only use the combination (ID + Unit Code) once, this ensures each device is unique
- Enter any value from 1 to 16777215 on the ID field
- Select the Unit Code from the drop-down
- Click the Create button
- You will now see a new device in VERA's Devices window (probably in the No Room Section) with the name you entered
Pair the New Device with the LightwaveRF Device
You now need to Pair the new LightwaveRF device (in VERA) with the actual (physical) LightwaveRF device
- Put the physical LightwaveRF device into Pairing mode - see the LightwaveRF device's user manual
- In VERA turn the device ON using its icon
- You will see the actual LightwaveRF device's LED flash to confirm it has been paired correctly
Use your LightwaveRF Devices in Scenes & Schedules
You now have control of your LightwaveRF devices from within VERA.
VERA's scenes, schedules and even Z-Wave devices, such as sensors can be used to activate the LightwaveRF devices.
- APNT-116 - Configuring VERA UI7 to work with RFXtrx433 transceiver
- APNT-103 - Creating Scenes in VERA UI7
- APNT-104 - Scheduling Scenes in VERA UI7
Copyright Vesternet 2015