Can a Fibaro Universal Dimmer module control two separate light circuits?
The Fibaro dimmer module can only be wired to one lighting circuit - this is also know as the 'local' load. This is controlled by the dimmer's S1 switch input as shown in this guide - Installing a Fibaro Dimmer
So if you have a 2-gang switch controlling two separate light circuits, you will need two dimmers.
You may not be able to install two dimmers in a single switch back box, but there are a few options:
- Install the dimmers in the ceiling space near the light fittings - Installing Dimmers in the Ceiling
- If one of the circuits is a 2-way system, install the dimmer in the other switch - Using Fibaro dimmers in 2-way lighting
- Use a Fibaro 2x1.5Kw Relay (you can only do this if you have neutral available at the light switch) - Using Fibaro relays to control lights
Note: The dimmer also has a S2 switch input, this can be used to control another Z-Wave device that the dimmer is associated with, but this is not the same as directly controlling two wired 'local' loads.
- APNT-1: Installing a Fibaro Dimmer module in a Wall Switch
- APNT-2: 2-way Lighting Using Fibaro Dimmer Modules
- APNT-17: Controlling Lights with Fibaro Relays
- APNT-18: Using a Secondary Switch with a Fibaro Module
- APNT-23: Understanding 2-wire and 3-wire Lighting Systems
- APNT-24: Using Fibaro Dimmers with LED Lights
- APNT-25: Momentary Switches
- APNT-54: Using Fibaro Dimmers with Neutral
Copyright Vesternet 2014