Product Comparison: Athom Homey Pro vs. Futurehome Smarthub II
Choosing the right hub for your smart home setup can significantly influence your automation experience. Today, we're diving into a comparison between two notable contenders: the Athom Homey Pro and the Futurehome Smarthub II. While both have their merits, one offers a broader range of features and capabilities. Let's delve deeper.
Table of Contents
- Key Differences
- What is Athom Homey Pro?
- Features of Athom Homey Pro
- What is Futurehome Smarthub II?
- Features of Futurehome Smarthub II
- Pros and Cons of Athom Homey Pro
- Pros and Cons of Futurehome Smarthub II
- Comparison Table
Homey Pro offers a broader range of connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 433 MHz, Z-Wave Plus, Zigbee 3.0, Infrared, and the upcoming Thread. In contrast, Futurehome is limited to Z-wave, Zigbee, and Wi-Fi. Homey Pro stands out with its extensive device compatibility, integrating with various brands and technologies. Futurehome, while offering compatibility, doesn't quite match the versatility of Homey Pro. The Athom Homey Pro is priced at £299, making it a premium choice. The Futurehome Smarthub II, on the other hand, is available at a more budget-friendly price of £200.
What is Athom Homey Pro?
Athom Homey Pro is a versatile smart home hub designed to integrate various devices, regardless of brand or technology. Its extensive compatibility and range of features make it a top choice for smart home enthusiasts.
Features of Athom Homey Pro
- Extensive connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 433 MHz, Z-Wave Plus, Zigbee 3.0, Infrared, and the upcoming Thread.
- Supports a vast array of devices and services.
- Advanced automation capabilities with HomeyScript and Advanced Flow.
What is Futurehome Smarthub II?
The Futurehome Smarthub II aims to provide control and automation for smart home products. While it offers a range of features, it doesn't quite match the versatility of the Homey Pro.
Features of Futurehome Smarthub II
- Supports Zigbee, Z-wave, and Wi-Fi.
- Designed with connection options for future expansions.
- User-friendly interface and energy-saving capabilities.
Pros and Cons of Athom Homey Pro
- Extensive device and connectivity support.
- Advanced automation capabilities.
- Local-first operations for increased reliability.
- Premium price point.
Pros and Cons of Futurehome Smarthub II
- Supports Zigbee and Z-wave.
- Local processing for reliability.
- Limited connectivity options compared to Homey Pro.
- Lacks some of the advanced features found in Homey Pro.
|Feature/Specification||Athom Homey Pro||Futurehome Smarthub II|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 433 MHz, Z-Wave Plus, Zigbee 3.0, Infrared, Thread (upcoming)||Zigbee, Z-wave|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Quad Core ARMv8||ARM Cortex-A53|
|RAM||2 GB LPDDR4||2 GB RAM|
|Storage||8 GB eMMC||8 GB eMMC|
|Device Compatibility||Extensive (Supports a vast array of devices and services)||Limited (Supports a limited number of devices via Playground integrations)|
While both the Athom Homey Pro and the Futurehome Smarthub II offer smart home control and automation, the Homey Pro stands out with its advanced features, extensive connectivity options, and broad device compatibility. If you're looking for a hub that offers the best in smart home technology, the Athom Homey Pro is the clear choice. Futurehome Smarthub II, while decent, doesn't quite match up to the versatility and advanced capabilities of the Homey Pro.