The Danfoss Link HC5 Hydronic Controller is part of the wireless Z-wave control system for heating systems in residential homes, that controls hydronic floor heating systems.
The Danfoss HC allows the control of warm water floor heating systems and offers a wide range of extended functionalities for optimal comfort and energy saving with individual room temperature control.
The Danfoss HC includes among other: 5 short circuit safe outputs for 24V actuator drives NC or NO, relays for pump and boiler control, self-testing program, regulation by ON/OFF- or PWM-principle (pulse width modulation) etc.
The system can consist of up to three Danfoss Link HC, offering a possibility of up to 30 outputs for even larger systems. The Danfoss Link HC has easy connection directly to 230 V power supply without the need for further transforming, supplying all actuator outputs with 24 V.
- 2-way wireless transmission at 868.2 MHz, for higher transmission certainty and direct link test option on each system component like room sensors, etc.
- 5 short-circuit protected outputs with LED indication
- Outputs for 24 V NC or NO actuators
- Valve motion for all outputs approx. 12 minutes every second week with no heat demand
- Regulation by PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) principle
- Input (ON/OFF) for heating/cooling
- Input (ON/OFF) for Away Function. When the switch is closed (ON), the system overrides all room thermostat set points and change it to 15° C
- Relay for pump control with automatic pump motion every third day for 1 min. to avoid damage during standby periods
- Relay for boiler control activated only at heat demand
- Automatic self-diagnosis providing an indication of several error possibilities like missing wireless connection or missing/non-functional actuator on output, etc.